Saturday, December 14, 2013


So, I have had a few surprises over the last couple of days.... 

One thing is that something in me has relaxed a bit over the last few weeks. I have spent a long time floundering in my faith since my dad passed away in 2006. I have felt so lost and angry, but something in me seems to be healing and I have been feeling markedly better in that area. 

My weight loss is still stalled, but I am making those beginner changes to my diet again and as soon as I start working, I will be getting all sorts of walking to and from the bus the snow even! 

On the 12th, I finally got a job. It is part time, but better than nothing. Being part time, I won't be any different financially, but it is a permanent position, not just for the holiday, and considering that my unemployment runs out on the helps my stress level immensely! 
My new position is at Legoland Discovery Center. I will be starting out in the store and will be able to move into other positions in the company later on. 
I went to get my drug test and background check today....and when I woke up it was snowing...a LOT. Today was also the first time in 13 years that I have driven in the snow! Its really not so much me that I worry about, its other people on the road really. We made it home in one piece so that's a good thing, haha. 

Also on the new great-nephew was born! 
My niece posted on Facebook that her back hurt and I KNEW this was it! She was in labor for 12.5 hours. She was adamant NOT to have an epidural....all the way up until the contractions started, lol, my sister said poor thing was climbing the walls in pain. So she got her epidural and is fine. 
Baby J is fine too, he was 8 lbs 1.5 ounces and 20 inches long. He had a bit of trouble and they didn't get discharged from the hospital until today...he wouldn't pee. They finally put in a catheter and got some urine but he didn't go after that either. They did an ultrasound to check everything but couldn't find anything. They were going to discharge my niece and came to take the baby to the nursery (at which point my niece flipped out because he 'was going to be alone') and the baby peed all over my niece! 

They are now home and her hubby has to go to work tomorrow so she is kinda nervous but I know everything will be ok. 
I won't be able to get out there to see them until maybe next weekend (depending on the weather) and just can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment